Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I like to say

There are two phrases that have become particularly recurrent in my vocabulary as of late.
1. What if?
2. Why not?

Many times throughout this season of my life i feel compelled. Something just pulling and tugging on my heart birthing a new passion and fire. Dreams and desires that people need to see, it's not for me or about me, it's for YOU. When i get worked up or on a roll about these dreams and desires i have for my future, i always wake up the next day and do the exact same routine. Brush my teeth, go to school, each lunch, go to church, do homework, go to bed. But i have dreams!! Things that need to be known by the world to better it, yet i sit here in dusty old lubbock just goin to school, doing nothing in regard to my dreams!

1. What if?
Just what if i stepped out and did what i desired, lived my life to a standard unknown? Never settled for less but always demanded more. But then again, "Dreams are just dreams and they rarely become reality in this part of the world," says the man with a grey beard smoking pipe tobacco as he checks the time on his Movado pocket watch. I guess we're too accustomed to NOT living out our dreams about exotic adventures discovering a new species of animal in the deep Amazon (Mark Murray). People don't do things like that, but what if?
For me the dreams turn into hour long theatrical rendezvous where people end up paying money to nominate my name for the Nobel peace prize because of all the good works and life change i've brought via my dreams and desires. What if?
2. Why not?
Do i have anything to lose other than a mundane lifestyle that's not making an impact whatsoever? Sure, it's alright and I'm pretty comfortable here, but what's stopping me? I live my everyday life in a way that i think is acceptable and impactful, but where am i going? Every day can be a good day, but good days don't get me anywhere. I need to live where every day is a step, in a direction. To a place. Somewhere that i have destined down the road. A step that will lead me that much closer to where i want to go. 4,380 days worth of inventing the lightbulb finally lead Edison to his dream, his destiny; so why don't i take this day, today, 1 out of 4,380 days to get me THAT much closer to my dreams. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment